Friday 18 March 2011

Paris in sugar

Paris, yes. 

This is not a place I have just travelled to, this is the place where I have been living for the last 10 years. 
It doesn't matter, when I am stuck in Paris, well, I just set off discovering new hidden dimensions and this is what I shall be talking to you about this time as, alas!, I am stuck once again... 

Since few months ago I live in the north of Paris, in the 19th district, next to a wonderful park called "Buttes de Chaumont". 
The nearest tube station is Jourdain on the 11th (or brown) metro line. 
At Jourdain metro exit there is a big church and it is fowolled by the Jourdain village, very pittotesque and full of lovely shops and cafés.

But I want to share my latest discovery with you, as promised and not talk about what you can find in any tourist guide around you. 
So, you might know that there is a tradition in "patisserie", bakery and that cakes come in all forms and shapes as well as qualities in France. The basic bakery sells stardard too sweet or dry cakes where the flavours are absorbed by sugar and cream. 

But another dimension is possible, following the "best worker of France" tradition, in patisserie this time. 
The actual best worker is in the 13th district of Paris but just behind my local biblically denominated church there is the "Church Bakery" (or Patisserie de l' Eglise) and I cannot even start to tell what a delicacy its cakes are... 
Next entry will be the picture and the description of one of those wonders and believe me, show food has never been more slow and delicious as what is to come here... 



Enjoy your trips 
et ... à bientôt!